Renewable Energy Academy
Renewable Energy Academy is a series of three hour programs that cover a variety of topics on the subject of renewable and alternative energy technology. Participants will learn about the opportunities to curtail the use of traditional fossil fueled source electricity by utilizing technologies such as solar, wind, geothermal, small scale hydro, bio-mass and bio-gas. Installation, operation, regulatory, system economics of various technologies will be explored. Learn what system benefits provide and what technology may be the best choice for you or your organization.
Who will you learn from: Instruction will be provided by industry professionals chosen by Penn State Extension for their years of experience and hands-on knowledge of the technologies, benefits and challenges
8:30 -- 11:30 AM
A buffet style breakfast is included with each registration.
214 Donohoe Road
Greensburg, PA 15601
Or go to our web site at:
http://extension.psu.edu/westmoreland and click on “Upcoming Events”.
Other topics to follow one each month include:
- Basics of Solar Photovoltaic System for home or business
- Biomass Combined Heat and Power for industry and Institutions
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling technologies for home and business
- Applied Biogas Technology for Heat and Generation
- Small Scale Hydro Applications for Farms, Business and Utilities
- Applied Energy Efficiency Technology, what saves money and what doesn’t
- Renewable Liquid Fuel Technologies and their application
This publication is available in alternative media on request.
Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity,
and the diversity of its workforce.